The original (and best) Cheese Advent Calendar from So Wrong It’s Nom by Ilchester® is set to hit stores in November for the fourth year running, and it’s GRATER and smaller than ever before, with five delicious new cheeses and reduced plastic packaging!
In response to feedback from cheese lovers on the 2019 design, So Wrong It’s Nom’s ‘Big Cheese’ Annem Hobson and the team at Ilchester have produced a more compact calendar for 2020, with 81% less plastic but no less cheese.
This season’s mouth-watering selection is encased in a fully recyclable, fridge-door-friendly cardboard calendar and contains 24 individually wrapped portions of delicious cheese and five NEW flavours including vintage, aged, PDO, Double Gloucester and even Sage Derby from the Ilchester cheese range:
- Applewood® – A real English treasure, Applewood is made in the West Country from British cheddar and has a delicate smoky flavour and a lovely smooth texture, all finished with a sprinkling of paprika.
- Applewood® Vintage PDO Aged for 12 months – This delicious cheese is made from traditional hand-turned farmhouse Cheddar. It has a predominant smoky flavour with an exquisitely smooth, rich creaminess that melts in the mouth. Creamy yellow in colour, with a sprinkling of paprika.
- Ilchester® Derby with Sage – Derby is one of England’s oldest and most famous cheeses. Finely chopped sage was added to this wonderful cheese as early as the 17th century, as it was thought to carry health benefits.
- Ilchester® Mature Cheddar – Ilchester’s Cheddar is made in the West Country, close to where Cheddar originated in the Mendip Hills. Take a bite and let the creaminess melt into your mouth, with its earthy tangy notes.
- Ilchester® Vintage PDO Cheddar – Carefully matured, this cheddar is made in the West Country near the Mendip Hills. With a drier texture to standard cheddar due to the maturing process, there are sometimes crunchy calcium crystals in it.
- Ilchester® Double Gloucester – This is a hard cheese with a savoury, mellow flavour. You may know it as the famous cheese that is rolled down Coopers Hill annually in May for the UK’s most extreme cheese race!
- Ilchester® Red Leicester – Smooth and nutty! Add a splash of colour to your cheese board with this traditional English cheese, based on a classic Cheddar recipe.
- Ilchester® Aged Red Leicester – This traditional English cheese has been carefully matured for a minimum of 9 months giving it a distinguishable smooth, tangy and nutty taste.
- Mexicana® – This cheese combines a fiery mix of bell, jalapeño and chilli peppers, carefully blended with a British Cheddar and a secret mix of Mexican spices
**The PDO (protected designation of origin) label is a type of geographical indication that means that a cheese was made in a specific region according to traditional methods.
The Cheese Advent Calendar has proven to be a must have for the holiday season. Since its debut Christmas launch in 2017, over 700,000 Cheese Advent Calendars have been sold in 14 countries in addition to making Amazon’s top 10 best selling Christmas gifts in 2019.
Cheese Queen Annem Hobson says: “Since I first made a handmade prototype, the Cheese Advent Calendar has reached goals I could only dream of! From outselling chocolate at major retailers, to continuing to retail in more and more countries each year. The response from fans – many of whom have followed since day one – has been phenomenal. I’m thrilled to launch a new and improved version of the Cheese Advent Calendar based on feedback from the loyal cheese-loving community!”
A unique alternative to the standard chocolate advent calendars, the Ilchester® Cheese Advent Calendar is due to retail at RRP £8 and will be available in UK from Sainsbury’s, Lidl, Morrisons, Waitrose, Ocado, Booths and AmazonUK from early November 2020. It will also be available internationally in USA, Canada, Europe, New Zealand and Australia (Note, as per their request, you have a 12 days of Cheesemas calendar so a slightly different version again!) See the full list of stockists here: https://bit.ly/2IdOi4S