Norseland is a leading specialty blended cheese supplier in the UK.
Manufacturing a variety of own-label and branded dairy and plant-based products for major supermarket retailers, food service and wholesale customers, both nationally and internationally.
Innovation is the driving force behind everything we do. We are passionate about bringing quality, new, and exciting flavours of cheese to the market quickly.
We take pride in having a category-solution, insight-led, and customer-orientated approach to help meet your needs and move your business forward.
AT A GLANCE
- 1962: Norseland (formerly The Ilchester® Cheese Company), was established when Ken Seaton discovered a way to keep his Cheddar fresh at the Ilchester Arms. Tasting rather good, beer cheese was invented, and discovered by a Harrods buyer when passing.
- 1963: Free Street factory opened to make Ilchester® Beer Cheese in volume.
- 1965: Our legendary Applewood® smoke flavoured Cheddar launched.
- 1992: The Ilchester® Cheese Company moves from Free Street in Ilchester to a new premises located nearby on Somerton Road.
- 1998: The company continues to expand, and a new unit (known as Site 2) is built.
- 2004: Former Managing Director, John Davidge, guides the business to national and international growth, developing the brand and product portfolio a £25 milllion business.
- 2004: Management buyout – an inflexion venture bought The Ilchester® Cheese Company.
- 2008: Norwegian dairy company, TINE SA, purchases The Ilchester® Cheese Company. Norseland, a new subsidiary of TINE, selling high quality British and continental cheeses, was created.
MEET OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
From left to right: Charlotte Patterson, Finance Director, Oliver Scott-Harden, Head of Commercial, Peter Youe, Operations Director, James Catchpole, Managing Director, Gary Wyman, Head of Supply Chain, and Clive Richer, Head of HR & CSR.