New job opportunities within Norseland
Please scroll down to see all job vacancies available.
Food Processor – Entry Level
Summary and purpose of Role:
- To participate in the smooth running of production lines and the completion of production plans assigned to you.
- To develop competence in all areas of basic skills described below
Areas of responsibility include:
Note: responsibilities may be added or varied to respond to the demands of the business.
Major Activities and Responsibilities
(Job role primarily includes, but is not limited to):
- Pallet Truck operation
- Packing (cheese into boxes/baskets)
- Portion Placement (at machine infeed)
- Case Sealer Operation
- Manual Vacuum Sealing machines
- Seal Integrity Checks
- Waste Disposal
- Gas Content Checks
- Completion of Finished Goods Slips
- Transfer of finished goods and WIP to store
- Ability to transfer block cheese from the de-box corridor to the Block Cutter and correctly record details of the cheese taken
- Ability to transfer labels between the label store and production lines before and after use ensuring correct procedures are followed
- Ability to provide batches of ingredients for the production lines in order to meet unexpected demand and to correctly complete all necessary paperwork
- Ability to effectively request and transfer the correct materials between the warehouse and production lines before and after use ensuring correct procedures are followed
- To assist with the effective cleaning of plant and machinery when directed by higher graded operators within the team
- Clear communication skills
- Positive Team work skills
- Prepared to develop skills through the company’s training programme as required
Upon employment, Grade A operatives should successfully complete training in the following areas:
Quality Assurance skills
- Foreign Body training
- Food Safety for manufacturing level 2
- Metal Detection
- Allergen training
Health & Safety Skills
- Manual handling training
- COSHH training
- Emergency procedures training
Background & Profile
- Previous experience of working in a food manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience of working in a faced paced environment essential.
- Be able to demonstrate good literacy and numeracy skills as will be required to understand and implement detailed specifications.
- Demonstrate ability or have previous experience of working without supervision with excellent attention to detail.
- High personal hygiene and procedural compliance required by the business at all times